Why Do a Colon Cleanse?
- The colon is home to billions of microflora (bacteria) that actually make up approximately 70 percent of the dry weight of feces. Besides forming stool, the various beneficial bacterial organisms living within the colon and digestive tract are important for proper nutrient absorption, maintaining pH balance, controlling hunger and counteracting potentially dangerous bacteria. This is why a well-functioning colon is so important for overall well-being.
- Are colon cleanses really necessary? While the digestive system has its own processes for removing waste, many people struggle with having regular, complete bowel movements due to various reasons like poor gut health, allergies, consumption of pesticide chemicals and inflammation within the digestive system.
COLONICS AND ITS BENEFITS.
- Improves Digestion and Prevents Occasional Constipation
Occasional constipation can make for poor digestion and vice versa. When digestion is impaired, and constipation ensues, waste products can linger in your body. Detoxing your colon allows those undigested waste products to be pushed through your system and also puts some ease in your bowel regularity. Since lingering waste can breed bacteria, this purge clears the way for good nutrient absorption, thereby supporting good health.
- Increases Energy and Concentration
Purging your colon of toxins allows energy from the intestines to focus elsewhere, meaning your energy levels could improve. In addition to having more energy, absorption of crucial vitamins responsible for mental clarity is improved—meaning concentration is supported.
- Jumpstarts Weight Loss
Low-fiber food is often part of an unhealthy diet. Without adequate fiber, digestion and the body’s ability to feel “full” are affected.Low fiber foods also linger much longer in the gut. When you cleanse the colon, this matter is flushed from the system, and, in some, may lead to significant weight loss.
- Supports Overall Colon Health
Ridding the body of waste supports the many functions of the colon, including digestion and proliferation of beneficial gut flora.
- Encourages Whole Body Detox
The body is adept at constantly detoxifying itself every day. But sometimes the combination of environmental factors and poor lifestyle habits make it hard to catch up and your body may show signs of toxic colon overload.